Architect at Diales Technical (UK)
This is an opportunity for a hands-on candidate with good technical knowledge and strong analytical skills to combine both consulting skills and business development to deliver a high-quality product, whilst helping the UK Head of Architecture grow a team of architectural professionals.
From the UK, you will work on some of the largest and most interesting disputes on Major Engineering, and Construction projects worldwide, located in places such as the UK, Europe, Americas, South Asia and the Far East, but not limited to these. Whilst you may no longer be involved in designs from their inception, you will be engaged in finding design solutions to problems in many of the most prestigious projects in the world.
Your background should include experience of delivering or assisting in the delivery of the following:
- Business and personnel management;
- Day to day management of project teams, developing staff and delivery of business tasks;
- Technical presentations to lay audiences; and
- Business development, (attending external seminars, representing the business at external events and the like), identifying target markets, creating opportunities and work winning.
Your role will include (but not be limited to):
- Building strong relationships with new and existing clients;
- Continuing to build the company reputation in the business and legal community;
- Developing existing and new key relationships and potential work streams with legal professionals and other client bodies;
- Winning work for yourself and a team;
- Reporting to the UK Head of Architecture and organising collaborative management of teams to ensure excellence in providing high quality advice and service delivery;
- Working closely with the existing leadership team to achieve business growth; and
- Attracting exceptional people to support the business at every level, developing existing staff and forming a succession plan for the future.
You must be:
- A qualified Architect, with membership of the RIBA and SCL preferred, with CIArb, MAE a benefit, too;
- Broad experience across a range of construction/engineering projects and forms of contract;
- Experience as an expert witness, writing independent reports and, preferably, recent testifying experience on construction/engineering disputes;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines, and flexible attitude to working and be prepared to travel overseas and regionally for site visits, etc.;
- Very strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build trust with clients;
- Ability to work entrepreneurially and innovatively to identify areas for business growth; and
A working knowledge of architectural software packages would also be useful.
To apply for this role or to discuss any aspect of the job description, please contact Recruitment Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.