Head of MEP Engineering at Diales Technical (UK)
This is an opportunity for a hands on candidate with deep industry knowledge and strong technical knowledge to combine their business development, management and consulting skills to deliver a high-quality service, whilst growing a team of M&E professionals, and supporting the Diales Technical Global Head of MEP Engineering to grow a team of M&E professionals across the world.
From the UK, you will work on some of the largest and most interesting disputes on Major Engineering, and Construction projects worldwide, located in places such as the UK, Europe, Americas, South Asia and the Far East, but not limited to these.
Whilst you may no longer be involved in designs from their inception, you will be engaged in finding design solutions to problems in many of the most prestigious projects in the world.
Your background should include experience of delivering, or assisting in the delivery of, the following:
- Business and personnel management (including interviewing candidates and staff reviews);
- Day to day management of people, developing staff and delivery of business tasks (such as monthly reporting and business projections);
- Public speaking; and
- Business development, identifying target markets, creating opportunities and winning work.
Your role will include (not limited to):
- Building strong relationships with new and existing clients;
- Continuing to build the company reputation in the business and legal community;
- Developing existing and new key relationships and potential work streams with legal professionals and other client bodies;
- Winning work for yourself and a team;
- Reporting to the Diales Technical Global Head of MEP Engineering and organising collaborative management of teams to ensure excellence in providing high quality advice and service delivery;
- Working closely with the existing leadership team to achieve business growth; and
- Attracting exceptional people to support the business at every level, developing existing staff and forming a succession plan for the future.
You must have:
- A degree or an equivalent in Mechanical Engineering;
- Membership at Member or Fellow level of the IMechE or IET is essential;
- Broad experience across a range of construction/engineering projects and forms of contract;
- Experience as an expert witness, writing independent reports and, preferably, recent testifying experience on construction/engineering disputes;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines, and flexible attitude to working and be prepared to travel overseas and regionally for site visits, etc.;
- Very strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build trust with clients;
- Ability to work entrepreneurially and innovatively to identify areas for business growth; and
Some knowledge of Hevacomp and other MEP software would be useful, but not essential.
To apply for this role or to discuss any aspect of the job description, please contact Recruitment Manager: email@example.com.