Regional Head of Diales (UK) - Quantum and Delay and Project Management Expert
Dip Construction Management
Cert International Arbitral Award Writing
Regular speaker at law conferences and presenter at seminars
- Chartered Civil Engineering Surveyor, Chartered Construction Manager, and Chartered Quantity Surveyor
- Over 40 years of engineering and construction industry experience
- Specialist in cost, time, and project management matters
- Over 30 international expert appointments
- Expert advice and front line negotiation support provided at minister of state, project board, and senior corporate management levels
- Testified on individual disputes up to $7Bn USD on cost, time, and project management matters
Keith has over 40 years of experience in the engineering and construction industries. He has worked in the building, civil engineering, and rail sectors of construction, and extensively on the preparation and defence of contractual claims in these sectors as well as in connection with oil and gas fields, petrochemical and refinery projects, process plants, power plants, and mining projects as expert.
Keith’s work includes construction management, client advisory (contract and commercial), lead negotiator, funder’s project representative, and as expert in management and cost on projects in excess of $200 billion, in formal dispute negotiations in excess of $60 billion, and testified in formal disputes in excess of $7 billion.
Keith has acted as party and court appointed joint expert on a number of engineering and construction disputes. He has been appointed as party expert in connection with the time and cost management of upstream oil and gas field developments, rail infrastructure, and both power infrastructure and generation disputes.
Other project examples include; off shore and on shore wind, a water treatment plant, diesel refinery, offshore oil rig drilling operations, a re-development of three gold mines, gas turbine and combined cycle power plants, as well as petrochemical and alcohol process plants.
Keith has been appointed to provide advice on the administration of live projects; specialising in dispute avoidance, risk management, procurement, interpretation of technical and process elements of construction contracts, project management structure, and strategy.
Keith also provided technical and commercial advice as well as lead negotiation support to the Minister of State for oil and gas of a prominent CIS republic during the renegotiation of production sharing agreements, dispute settlement negotiations and formal disputes.
This expert has the following cross-examination experience:
- The Technology and Construction Court
- High Court Action
- International Arbitration
- Domestic Arbitration