Javier Sánchez Llopes
LLM in Construction Law and Arbitration
Society of Construction Law Member
- Chartered Quantity Surveyor
- Chartered Civil Engineering Surveyor
- Over 15 years’ industry experience
- Experienced in infrastructure and energy disputes in Europe and Latin America
- Extensive contracts and claims management experience
- Given oral tribunal evidence and been cross examined
- A Who’s Who Legal ‘Future Leader’ 2020
Javier has a strong background in project management, contracts, claims management and dispute resolution with extensive international experience on construction and engineering projects having held various project and contract management positions for international infrastructure and energy contractors.
Javier provides Expert services, including preparing expert reports and acting as Expert Witness in relation to quantum issues, having been appointed as lead Expert Witness on multiple occasions under various rules of arbitration including ICC, UNCITRAL and SCC.
Javier has provided oral testimony and been cross-examined. He has also participated in statutory Adjudications in UK and in mediation processes advising and negotiating on behalf of a party.
Javier is the former President of the Spanish Society of Construction Law and currently acts as committee Vice-Chair of the FIDIC Capacity Building Committee.
He is also recognised as a Future Leader in the areas of “Experts – Construction – Quantum and Delay” 2020 and “Arbitration Experts” 2021 by the prestigious legal publication Who´s Who legal.VIEW ALL EXPERTS