Quantum and Delay Expert
- Delay and quantum expertise
- Over 15 years’ experience of construction contracts and claims
- Extensive domestic and international claims and dispute resolution experience
- Holds an LLM in Dutch law
- Appointed as an expert, or to undertake expert determination, on a large number of occasions
- Fluent in Dutch and English
Hugo-Frans has over 15 years’ experience in contract and claims management, with specific focus on dispute avoidance and resolution. This experience has been gained within a wide variety of projects and in both the Dutch and international construction and engineering markets. His experience includes working on petrochemical plants, oil and gas facilities (onshore and offshore), buildings, infrastructure, shipbuilding and marine engineering projects in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, United Kingdom, UAE, Iraq, Dutch Antilles, the USA, and Jamaica.
Hugo-Frans has acted as party appointed expert witness as well as court and arbitral tribunal appointed expert, in proceedings before ICC, NAI, RvA and Dutch national courts. He also acts as a sole expert determinator on projects in the Netherlands, as well as internationally. These appointments have covered both delay and quantum issues. He has given verbal evidence on multiple occasions, including being cross examined by opposing parties’ counsel.
In addition to his expert witness appointments, Hugo-Frans has experience in acting as case manager for clients and directing lawyers, experts, and employees within the client organisation. He is also responsible for the Driver Group European operations.
Hugo-Frans can communicate and give evidence in Dutch and English.
This expert has the following cross-examination experience:
- International Arbitration
- Domestic Arbitration
- Successfully completed external cross examination courses